Friday, July 30, 2010

Final Post!

Wow, where have ten weeks gone? It seems like yesterday that I was just starting out, and didn't even know what a stealth galaxy was...

It's been incredible, learning so much so quickly. I feel extremely grateful for the opportunity to work for Beth and with the other people in lab. Research is cool! I know that sounds strange, but I may not have been able to say that at the beginning of the summer. It's been great working out problems without the structure of the school year, and getting to focus on the actual science.

Now, I also feel deeply invested in this project. I hope that I'm able to continue working with it, and I hope that others will be able to work with it as well. I tried to leave excessive documentation of my work so anyone can simply pick up where I left off...

For now, I'm off to Hawaii for the semester! Lot's of Astronomy out there, and I can't wait to see what it's like. (Be sure to check out updates on Astronoblog!)

Thanks, Summer. It's been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment