Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Quick One

OK, just a quick post for mental organization.

Beth showed Mimi and me the wonderful ways of FITS binary tables today, and I'll be structuring the one we'll be working with. I left Beth's office thinking-- great. I completely understand what I need to do, and I'll do it ALL before I rush home to play Ultimate in Philly.

Of course, that never works, does it? There were a few alignment issues in the ascii data table I needed to read in, and so I spent the last hour editing and lining up columns of data. So, at least that nitty-gritty step is done.

Up next: structure the FITS binary table. I'm ready to come in tomorrow morning, pump some tunes, and knock it out. Hopefully, once we have that set up, it will be easier and neater manipulating our data.

No comments:

Post a Comment